Friday, March 25, 2011

15 Minutes - March

Staff Spotlight: K.P. Lennox
--- Angela Zhang


     So when Sarah, our Editor-in-Chief, assigned me to interview K.P. Lennox for this article, I didn't really know what to think. I've never met him before, so the only things I knew about him were things I had gleaned from reading his GBF column. Basically, I imagined him to be a sassy gay dude with an attitude to boot. I was a bit intimidated by the task of interviewing such a fiery, spirited guy, but I soon learned that I was foolish to feel like that. Although he is quite sassy... and gay... and has an attitude, K.P. is actually quite a nice, funny, and chill guy. I asked him many questions. Sadly, I doubt I can fit the entirety of his answers into this article and do him justice, but I will do my best to introduce you readers to the awesome that is K.P. Lennox. 
     I asked some of the usual questions. A few of his hobbies are: checking out guys inconspicuously; all things Richard Feynman; fountain pens; wakeboarding; SCIENCE! (he was one of those kids that enjoyed blowing things up in chemistry lab); and showering (he showers a minimum of two times a day). His favorite colors are topaz blue or deep hunter green (quite...specific). His favorite kind of weather is snowy weather, his favorite food is his grandmother's pasta, and his favorite day of the week is Thursday.



As for the future, K.P. hopes to live past 30 and own a house with some pets.
K.P.: Definitely going to have at least one dog and a cat. And a HUGE bed with really soft sheets. Oh and a really big shower. And perhaps a husband, though that's just the hopeless romantic in me...


With those out of the way, I proceeded to ask some questions about how he keeps his life sassy.
K.P.: I count a lot on the humor of a few of my very close friends. One in particular--Teddy, a.k.a. "Sexy Bitch"--is probably one of my sassiest friends. He's always criticizing what I wear (I'm not the most fashionable person), giving me a hard time about every single thing, and is a fan of the disapproving/judgmental look. Ah yes, and my mother. It's scary how much alike we are. And trust me, that woman is S-A-S-S-Y!
     As a follow up, I asked him what he would suggest others should do to keep their lives sassy. He replied with the following tips. First, don't be easily offended and adopt a “Fuck you if you don't like it” attitude. Be very outspoken about how you feel, but only enough so that people know where you stand. Also, he suggested to have frequent dance parties with friends where you can let loose and go wild to your favorite songs. Finally, establish a good relationship with your mother and tell her you love her on a daily basis.
     This short interview was not enough to let me get to know K.P. completely, but it was a start. He's a witty, direct, and collected guy. I'm glad I've gotten to know him here at EAL, and hopefully we'll hit it off when we actually meet someday. And now I will conclude with my hypothesis that K.P. actually stands for Kickass Person. True facts (not really, but they should be).


No comments:

Post a Comment