Friday, June 10, 2011

15 Minutes - May

Staff Spotlight: Lena Lam
--- Christy Lin 

Lovely Lena Lam


     I was sooo excited when I was asked to write this month’s 15 minutes on Lena. There are just so many facets to her personality and she is definitely one of the coolest people you will ever meet. That might sound odd coming from me seeing as I’ve really only known her for about 6 months, even more so since we’ve only been each other’s presence a grand total of 2 days during that time. Regardless, Lena Lam is someone who you can’t help but fall in love with on the spot (and I mean that in the most un-awkward sort of way) and I am so glad for this opportunity to get to know her better. 
      Now here’s the funny part: in wanting to get to know Lena for the sake of this article, I came upon quite the mind numbing dilemma. I had no idea what to ask. I wracked my brain for days trying to think of all the questions I could give to her, all the things that people, including myself, might want to know, and I came up with nothing. Then, of all things, Facebook came to my rescue. That’s right, I gave Ms. Lena a Facebook quiz (you know the ones). A very comprehensive one I might add, therefore I won’t post the whole thing here. I will, however, give you a “best of” for the answers that I feel really let her personality shine through. Here it is: 

Christy Lin: Hey Lena! Ok, first things first, we’re playing MASH! So dream guy you’d want to marry?
Lena Lam: Hahaha...umm, I do have a guy in mind who I'd want to marry, but let's just pretend I didn't answer this question at all.


Christy: Oooooohhh…fine *take note to ask Sarah later* Number of children you want?
Lena: 2
Christy: That’s a good number. ok car you want?
Lena: Not sure about which type yet, but it'll either be black or silver. 


Christy: Nice! Good color choice. Alright, moving on. What time did you get up this morning?
Lena: I woke up at 6, as usual, but because it's Saturday, I didn't actually get up until 10. (Ahh, I can't help but sound a little defensive. I'm usually an early riser, I swear!)
Christy: That’s ok, I didn’t get up til noon *smirk*. What did you have for breakfast?
Lena: Dorm food. (Yay...) The best part of my breakfast? Chocolate milk! :)


Christy: Yay! That’s always good! What is your favorite cuisine?
Lena: Don't really have a favorite...I'm not a picky eater and as long as it doesn't look/smell too strange, I'm willing to try just about anything at least once. 
Christy: I like it! alright now, What are your favorite clothes?
Lena: ...comfortable t-shirt and jeans...
Christy: Nice nice. What did you want to be when you were little?
Lena: A doctor.

Christy: Cool! How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Lena: 0; passed it the first time
Christy: Good Job! Favorite time of the day?
Lena: Hmm...this one, I actually do have a favorite, now that I think about it, haha. I like the hours between sunrise and noon. Everything's bright, but it's not too hot, as it is in the afternoon.
Christy: Wow, good answer! Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Lena: Oh, so many places I want to visit! London has been at the top of my list for a really long time, but currently, I would like to visit either Taiwan or South Korea. 


Christy: Omg yes! London is definitely at the top of mine too! Ok, cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Lena: Half full.
Christy: Awesome! Soo, do anything spontaneous lately?
Lena: Nothing too exciting...unless a new, spectacular route to class counts, haha. (I should probably add that I love taking new routes to class even though I tend to get lost and take twice as long to get to class, haha.) 
Christy: That sounds fun! So other than that, is there any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
Lena: Right now...? I'm drinking chocolate milk! Hahaha...I'm almost done with this semester though. Yay for summer.
    
     So if that little smidgen of an interview didn’t just prove the raw awesomeness that is Lena Lam, then you need to get your eyes checked. Just kidding, but seriously, from what I’ve learned from this little assignment, Lena is one well-rounded little lady. She’s smart, but a little dorky, simple, but extremely adventurous, and open, yet truly in tune with her heart. Needless to say Lena is a true gem and I look forward to working with her and getting to know her better for a long time to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment