Friday, June 10, 2011

My Gay Best Friend - May


My Gay Best Friend
--- K.P. Lennox

     So my roommate has been smoking weed a lot lately and it's not that I really mind her smoking weed because honestly that's pretty common amongst college students, but she smokes it a lot and then she comes back to the room and she reeks of the smell of weed. I'm not a huge fan of the smell of weed and I can handle a little, but sometimes it just gets to be too much and then at that point, I can't breathe. So the first couple times she did that, I asked her to shower but her clothes still smelled of really strong weed. But the more she's done it, the more our room completely smells of weed. I want to confront her about my thoughts but I'm not sure how to go about it because I can't just flat out tell her to stop smoking weed; that's her own personal freedom. I'm so confused as to how I should go about it because I don't want to have to leave my room, I still have to sleep there! What should I do GBF? 
--Sick of Weed
     
      Welcome to college, SOW. There is something about the academic environment that causes people to do all kinds of crazy shit. I would like to tell you that you will never see someone drunk-fucking behind a dumpster…but I’d be lying. I could also say that there won’t be campus-wide outbreaks of herpes, gonorrhea, and syphilis. But again, I’d be lying. Thankfully, we have campus police and antibiotics. Honestly, weed is the least of your problems.
     Now I’m assuming you’re an underclassman. Most likely a freshman? You’re obviously going to be put with some random person who you may not like. But hey, it can only get better from here!
      What do you do? Invest in some Plug-Ins. I’m serious, those things are magical and they’ll make EVERYONE love being in your room. Or if you’re into the more refined and seasonal scents comme moi, Bath and Body sells their own versions called Wallflowers—and they even come with a nice blue nightlight! 
      So suck it up for now! At this point you’re almost done with the school year. Hell, at some point you may even try weed and find out you like it.
*Gasp!*
What then…?

-GBF






For the wise advice from our GBF, please send all questions to ealadvice@gmail.com and your question may be answered in the next issue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment